UPDATE 02/06/20: TENNIS PLAYERS - Following amended guidelines from the Lawn Tennis Association, participants wishing to book the courts will be advised that they can now play doubles as well as singles with members of different households providing the 2m distancing rule is adhered to at all times.
UPDATE 22/5/20: Tennis Courts 1 & 3 are now open for public use by members of the same household or for singles play with one other person not from the same household, providing social distancing rules of 2m distance is observed at all times. Click here for more information.
UPDATE 12/5/20: The latest advice from the Government on 'Stay Alert - Control the Virus - Save Lives' can be found under 'Sources of Advice' below.
UPDATE 16/04/20: For those looking for delivery of food supplies, check out the updated list of local supplies of food and food delivery services below.
UPDATE 09/04/20: Click here for the Covid-19 Support Services Flyer issued by the Hampshire Constabulary with official helplines for vulnerable, elderly and isolated members of the community.
UPDATE 01/04/20: Hampshire County Council has launched its Hantshelp4vulnerable helpline: 0330 370 4000. It is aimed at vulnerable people who do not have support from families, friends or their local community, and who need urgent assistance with practical issues. Open 7 days at week, 9am-5pm.
01/04/20 CLICK HERE for the information leaflet from Liss Parish Council which has been distributed to Liss households. Updates will still be made to the information on this page as this leaflet represents a snapshot of information available on 1/4/20.
UPDATE 27/3/20: Tennis courts are closed but allotments can be worked subject to certain rules, including that no one is to visit the site if they or a member of their household is self-isolating. BONFIRES ARE NOT CURRENTLY PERMITTED.
UPDATE, 25/3/20: Please note that the Government guidance prevents use of the new equipment at the Riverside Walk and the older children's play equipment at Newman Collard, neither of which are fenced off and so cannot be closed. Please follow the guidance to keep yourself and others safe.
UPDATE, 24/3/20: The Government has closed all play areas, this includes those in Liss - Newman Collard, Liss Forest, West Liss and the Riverside Walk. Wider grounds remain open for exercise but social distancing of 2m is required. Liss Parish Council thanks you for your co-operation in respecting these important measures to restrict the spread of the Coronavirus.
STATEMENT, 23/3/20: Please click here for the Statement by the Chair of Liss Parish Council.
SOURCES OF ADVICE
- The Government's main source of advice, including information on the social distancing and a wide range of other information
- Advice from the NHS
- Public Health England has FAQs that will be updated regularly
- Guidance on shielding and protecting the extremely vulnerable from Covid-19
- This guidance, developed with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, aims to assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff
NATIONAL SCHEMES TO ASSIST THOSE IN NEED
- Hampshire County Council has launched its Hantshelp4vulnerable helpline: 0330 370 4000. It is aimed at vulnerable people who do not have support from families, friends or their local community, and who need urgent assistance with practical issues. Open 7 days at week, 9am-5pm.
-The NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme is supporting the most vulnerable. The 1.5m most at risk should have received a letter setting out help available. Speak to your GP if you think you should be registered as an extremely vulnerable person or register here to get Coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person.
LINKS TO LOCAL AUTHORITY RESPONSES
- Hampshire County Council, its response and priorities
- East Hampshire District Council: Click here for details on changes in services and here for the statement on leading the community response with support, services and supplies and here for Coronavirus business support.
- The South Downs National Park Authority, for advice on enjoying the South Downs for safe and responsible exercise
- Your local MP, Damian Hinds, information and advice for individuals and businesses, covering health, travel, financial, help with utilities and banking, education and learning support
LOCAL CHARITIES, VOLUNTARY SUPPORT GROUPS AND NETWORKS
Top tip: Look after your neighbours - small networks such as these mean people are known to you and support systems are manageable. However, there are other groups out there who are also offering assistance and support.
- St Mary's Church: for spiritual and practical support, call the Parish Administrator, Michaela Surtees, on 01730 892552 (email@example.com) or Rev Chris Williams on 01730 890085 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bill Briggs, Age Concern Village Agent: for access to a Neighbourhood Buddy System, on 01730 892297 (email@example.com).
- Liss and Surrounding Villages Coronavirus Support: a Facebook community support group.
- The Triangle Community Association: Updates on local community information via Facebook.
- Liss Forest Residents Association for a Liss Forest support network with specific arrangements in place faced with the Coronavirus outbreak, contactable via Facebook or by contacting Ruth Taylor on e-mail or on 01730 894913.
- Help for Residents of Rake: for access a network of volunteers by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Facebook.
- The Flying Bull Pub: for a point of contact for the elderly and vulnerable or residents in need in the Rake and Hill Brow area, on 01730 892285.
- Liss Food Bank: For those in need of essential supplies, contact Annie Coley on 01730 300659, or Sue on 01730 300921. To be sure of a delivery, call by Sunday evening at the latest each week for delivery to your doorstep on Wednesday or Thursday. There will be no collection point at the Triangle. The drop-off point for donations is the Rectory at St. Mary's, 11 Station Road.
- The Liss, Greatham & Hawkley Friendship Fund: a charity which gives financial grants to residents of the three villages who need help dealing with immediate domestic problems. Click here for further information. Telephone 01730 892311 or 01730 892297.
- The Petersfield Coronavirus Resource Hub signposts where to find 'Help, Food and Happiness during this Crisis - particularly thinking about those who are most vulnerable in the Covid-19 outbreak and recognising the difficulty of continuing normal life when confined to your property.'
WANT TO HELP?
Top tip - Look after your neighbours - small networks such as these mean people are known to you and support systems are manageable.
Details of more local support groups with their contact details are listed above. They may also appreciate more voluntary help – why not contact them?
Please click here for the latest advice on how to help safely (dated 11/5/20).
Register as a volunteer with the NHS Responder Volunteer Responder initiative.
LOCAL SUPPLIERS OF FOOD AND FOOD DELIVERY SERVICES
No implied endorsement from Liss Parish Council.
For essential shopping, the following remain open for food and drink in Liss itself: Tescos, Oasis, Liss Bakery and Sea Salt Fish & Chips.
The Spread Eagle is providing a doorstop hot food delivery service, including a Sunday roast.
Pizza Hot continues to deliver pizza, kebabs and burgers etc.
Florios Pizza is serving pizzas on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays in the Whistle Stop car park, 4.30pm – 9pm. Pre-order by phone on 07341 815281 for collection. Contactless card payment only.
The Madhuban is open for curry collections, Tuesday- Sunday. Call 01730 893363/ 894372.
Morgans Butchers in Petersfield are also delivering 'Meat for the Week' packages Place orders by 2pm each day for next day delivery by e-mailing email@example.com with name, address and contact number (they will call you back to confirm your order and take payment).
Bordon based Fruit and Veg Man will deliver fresh fruit and veg to your door (including to Liss), currently without long wait times. Send a message via Facebook to order.
The Local Veg Box People will deliver fresh boxes of fruit and veg to your door. You can register for the next delivery available but there is slight delay in delivery dates available due to high demand.
Durleighmarsh Farm Shop is delivering fresh fruit and vegetables on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, contactable on 01730 821626.
Red Mist Leisure Group
who own the Temple Inn are able to provide deliveries of fresh fruit, vegetables, fresh meat and frozen meals. Contact info@redmistleisure or check www.templeinnliss.co.uk
The Jolly Drover is doing a 'Bring a plate and takeaway a meal for £10' full restaurant takeaway menu. Call 01730 893137.
The Greatham Inn is operating a pop up shop, open daily 10am-2pm. They will deliver to those self-isolating, including in Liss. Check out their Facebook page for details or call 01420 538016.
The Bunch Carrot is offering NEXT DAY day delivery service (including to Liss) of a wide range of essential and luxury food supplies (including food boxes, fruit, vegetables, cleaning products, dairy, frozen meals). The minimum order for free delivery is £50, a £5 delivery charge will apply otherwise. Order by 11.30pm for the next day delivery (excluding Sundays).
OTHER LOCAL SERVICES
Boots are open 9.30am-4.30pm(10am to 4pm on Saturdays) but closed for cleaning and to catch up between 12.30-2pm each day. A longer lead time of 48 hours for non urgent items is requested whilst Boots deal with the extra workload. The team can take phone calls between 8.30-9.30 and 4.30-5.30 when the store is closed to the public so it is advisable to call during these times.
Liss Cars continues to operate a taxi service on 01730 892051.
Petersfield Radio - tune into Petersfield Radio's Morning Report for its daily update of services and help in the Petersfield area.
THE ROLE OF LISS PARISH COUNCIL
- Signposting: Liss Parish Council will also do what it can to make sure everyone gets the help they need at this challenging time, particularly by signposting. Parishioners should use contact details above in the first instance, but an officer can also be contacted on 01730 892823 for support and advice, in so far as we are able.
- Communication: Liss Parish Council will ensure parishioners have the information they need: this web page will be updated on a regular basis; communications via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor) will continue and officers will endeavour to supply as much of the information in hard copy on Parish Council and public noticeboards to assist those who do not have internet access.