Liss Parish Council provides a range of services for its residents, including:
- Management and hire of allotments throughout the village.
- Management and hire of the Village Hall and the Pavilion
- Management of the Newman Collard, Liss Forest and West Liss recreation grounds.
- Provision and maintenance of play equipment at Newman Collard, West Liss and Liss Forest recreation grounds.
- Maintenance and hire of the football pitch at West Liss Recreation Ground.
- Management of a section of the Riverside Walk, including a picnic and play area.
Liss Parish Council supports community organisations and activities through its grant scheme, and various environmental initiatives, including putting up hanging baskets for the summer as part of ‘Liss In Bloom’ and, with assistance from volunteers, maintains the flower beds in the village centre. It also puts up two Christmas trees for the festive period and takes part in arrangements for the annual Christmas Fair, usually held in the first week of December.
The Council is also the voice of the village with other tiers of local government, for example, the National Park Authority and East Hampshire District Council on planning applications, with Hampshire County Council on highway and transport matters, and other organisations such as Network Rail and South Western Railways on rail matters.