The Charities Committee is responsible for ensuring that the 6 main responsibilities of the charities are met:
1. Ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
2. Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
3. Act in the charity’s best interests
4. Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
5. Act with reasonable care and skill
6. Ensure the charity is accountable
Any decisions made as trustee on behalf of a charity must be made in accordance with the charities’ governing documents and the Charities Act, 2011 and for the sole benefit of that charity.
Please see below for further details of the three charities for which Liss Parish Council is Sole Trustee.