Liss Parish Council provides a range of services for its residents, including:
- Allotments - managing the 6 allotment gardens and leasing 140 allotment plots
- Village Hall and Liss Pavilion - managing and hiring these important venues
- Recreation Grounds - managing and providing play equipment at Newman Collard, Liss Forest and West Liss
- Football Pitch - managing and hiring the West Liss Recreation Ground to local teams
- Riverside Walk - managing the area up to and including the picnic and play area
- Mill Road Community Garden & Orchard - managing this community garden and fruit tree orchard
Liss Parish Council supports community organisations and activities through its grant scheme and various environmental initiatives. We organise two Christmas trees to be erected in the village centre during the festive period.
Along with a Parish Clerk, Assistant Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer we employ a Groundsman, Litter Picker and caretakers for the Pavilion and Village Hall to help ensure our grounds are kept in a good condition.
Liss Parish Council are part of the local Lengthsman Scheme, who are able to carry out highways maintenance tasks identified by the local community as being important.
We work with volunteer groups for the benefit of the village including:
- Liss in Bloom
- Liss SpeedWatch
- Liss Environmental Guardians
- FoodBank Liss
- Liss Men's Shed
- Crossover Youth Centre
- Newman Collard Recreation Field Trust
- The Triangle Community Centre
A Parish Council is the voice of a village along with other tiers of local government:
- Planning Authority - South Downs National Park Authority and East Hampshire District Council
- Highways and Transport Authority - Hampshire County Council
- Rail - Community Rail Partnership, Network Rail and South Western Railway